Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Does anyone know where in Sydney to get Dunlop valves for pushbike tubes?

Wow


That takes me back. I haven't seen one of those since I was a kid.





You still get that piece of rubber tubing in the puncture repair kits. They are still around.Maybe a special order you'll almost certainly need to by a whole tube though. I'd be trying the older bike shops or vintage/restorers.They are also known as "English" valves or "Wood's" valves if that is any help.





If you get real stuck you could order from U.K. online


http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/cid/GWR8FJ1ON鈥?/a>





I remember the first time I went to fit a new tube to my old 27 x 1 1/4 bike and found a Schrader valve fitted. It fitted the rim ok but, It cost me a walk to a servo to pump the %26amp;*$#@! thing up. Then when I bought the schrader adaptor for my pump the pump wouldn't stay in the bike's frame mount. Wound up with an old valve cap stuffed in the end of it.





Anyway thanks for the memories and good luck with your search.|||Check out one of the best and biggest bike stored in Sydney. Clarence St Cyclery on Clarence near Darling Habour. If they don't have it the could order it in.





http://www.cyclery.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment