Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Which tire is Better, Bridgestone or Dunlop?

I have to get new tires, so I was wondering is Bridgestone or Dunlop better. We are talking Yamaha Stratoliner|||I remember reading somewhere that the Metzeler ME880 sets the standard for heavy cruiser tires. I have no experience with them, but that's what I heard. Also, a riding friend put them on his Vulcan Nomad and he likes them a lot.|||Bridgestones are generally less expensive, and wear longer, because they have a harder rubber compound. I've used them almost exclusively throughout the life of my '85 V45 Magna. (although I experimented with other brands over the years) The downside; lower traction in less than ideal conditions. Great "fair weather" tires, but not very good in the rain.


Dunlops are a little more expensive, with a somewhat softer compound, therefore better traction in less than ideal conditions, but they wear faster.


As someone else mentioned Metzler's are like glue in all conditions, but wear faster, due to the soft compound, and are hard on the wallet. (A - because they're pricey and B - because you have to change them out more frequently...particularly the back tire...the more expensive of the two)


I'm not sure what the Stratoliner comes with as stock tires, but if you're happy with them, stay with them.|||I am actually switching to Michelin Commanders as I have had good experiences with the Pilot Road on my Honda sports/tourers.Bridgestone nearly killed me on a wet road a few years ago - since then I won`t touch them.Out of the two I would say Dunlop as they are EOM on H.D. and handle well.Choose wisely %26amp; good luck.|||Its really up to you! I like Bridgestone better. But its all about price to me. Tires never seem to last as long as they are rated to, because of nails, glass, high schoolers with knives, etc. So I generally get coopers. So... I get cheaper tires, but get them more often:)|||you'll probably want wide white wall tires, no? dunlops white walls are better quality and dont mark up so bad, so theyd be well worth it|||what you have now i prefer to use what came with stock


my bike came with dunlop been running them 12 years far as i can tell they work


i would stick with brand you have on bike now|||Since I like my life pretty much I would not put Bridgestones on my bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment