Tuesday, November 22, 2011

What is the most versatile Wah pedal that Dunlop makes? I want it to play a wide range of music.?




I have the 535Q, and of all of the products that Dunlop offers, it seems to have the most options overall in terms of modifying Q, volume when wah is on, solo boost, etc.





Specialized products like the Dimebag from Hell wah are exactly that - more specialized. That particular model will do well in many rock and metal contexts, but I can't see using it in a blues setting or for worship music or pop, etc. In other words, its good, its versatile within a few genres, but becomes limited outside of that.





The 535Q is a little more generic, sure, but I feel that it can be used for most anything - it can work almost like a straight volume pedal on one end to essentially a bass wah to a wah that rides Tom Morello highs to whatever. I used it specifically for soloing and as a filter in the last band I was in - that adjustable range really let me dial in the exact frequencies I wanted the wah to cover, so when my rig changed (ie, pickups got swapped out, power amp tubes were upgraded, a multifx processor was used) and the tone and treble especially got futzed around with, I could bump the range up and down to get that exact warm tone I was looking for.





Oh, look at me ramble. Anyhoo, based on my experience, that's the wah to go. They're all good wahs, I just think this one is frickin' sweet for the guitarist who has to "do it all".








Saul|||Believe it or not, the Crybaby from hell, Dimebag Darrell's signature.


It is like the q wah on steroids.


You can customize it to hundreds of different wah styles,

No comments:

Post a Comment