Friday, November 18, 2011

Which capos are better for an acoustic guitar? Kyser or dunlop?

I'm having a hard time trying to find out which is best or if there is anything that is better. Thanks in advance.|||I use a Kyser, but honestly, they're both very very good brands. Just get the one you like.|||I use a Kyser and it's built for nuclear war. It cost a few bucks more, but a few bucks stretched over the the 20 years it lasts won't be noticed.|||I prefer Shubb capos to either of your choices. It's smaller and doesn't get in the way. They have a new, lighter model that looks interesting. Also, their partial capo is fantastic.





I've also heard good things about the G7 capo but I haven't tried it yet.|||Both of those are non-adjustable - the Shubb is better b/c you can adjust the pressure so it leaves the guitar in tune better.|||I have a Dunlap that I use on my acoustic guitar as well as my Gibson hollow body and it works great, I've had it for several years.|||All the capos from any known brand are great capos, this is NOT something you should spent a lot of money on, because they won't brake if you treat them like you'd treat everything else.


- Don't throw it around.|||I cannot advise you on any of the brand-name capos because I never use them. I feel they, along with an addiction for tablature, would inhibit my fretboard expertise.





From what I've read, Kyser, Dunlop, and Schubb are excellent capos for those wishing to use them.|||I've had a dunlop for the past 15 years, It's been trouble free, and doesn't affect the tuning, if I ever loose or break it I will definitely get another. Make sure you get one to match the curve of your fret board.Most Steel string guitars have a curved fret board, but nylon string and some Steel string brands have a flat one. Dunlop makes capos for both types of guitar.





http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/p鈥?/a>





http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/p鈥?/a>|||its really a personal preference. A rule of thumb is the more expensive the better but thats not always the case especially if YOU dont like it better than a less costly one. Go with the one you like and you cant go wrong. My advice: don't rely on capos too much. Try barring the chords on your own as much as you can. You become a better player that way.|||I've used Kyser capos exclusively for years, since they're incredibly durable and trouble-free. And they're really easy to clip into place and can be clipped to the guitar's headstock when they're not needed.





Recently, I found an eBay seller that sells capos exactly like the Kyser ones for a fraction of the price (plus shipping is free). I know price isn't your main concern, but it never hurts to save a few dollars, especially if you're not sure you'll fall in love with the capo (I think you'll love it, though). Here's a link to the seller's store (it's the Quick Change capo):





http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/etherwhole鈥?/a>|||dunlop everything! dunlop has been my most trusted guitar hardware company for the last few years, they are dependable and even if the capo breaks (which would be kinda hard to do), you can replace it without cringing at the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment