Tuesday, November 15, 2011

How many miles has any1 gotten on a stock dunlop tire on a newer Harley dresser? The rear tire.?

I got about 7500 miles on the Dunlops. I actually get more life out of Avons.


2002 Electraglide Standard.|||No two people well give you the same answer because it all depends on how you ride, do you ride fast, do you break hard, do you do burn outs plus how much a person weights plays into it also. Just keep good rubber on your bike at all times don't worry about miles you only have two tire not four so you must keep good rubber on your bike. Play it safe don't play your self short on motorcycle tires.|||Rear tire has the most weight on it so i say 40,000 miles the front maybe 10,000 more but I'd change them together to keep track, make sure you keep the proper amount of air in them to last longer..roads today hard on motorcycle tires..for wear and tear... Michelin seems to best??!! or perelli tires??!! like they put on dugatis..|||I generally get about 8,000 to 10,000 miles on the rear. I thought it was because I am fat man, but I have talked to other riders that are smaller than me and they get about the same. I have tried Metzlers and I got even less miles.|||10,000 miles for a rear tire is about right. Remember, motorcycle tires ride on a soft compound for greater adhesion.|||dunlop tires are the worst, Pirelli and Metezler tires are better, you should check ur air pressure on ur tires every time you take ur bike for a ride, overfilling them by 5psi will greatly increase the life of the tires|||I get 6-7000 on my FXR running Dunlop. I honestly am not impressed with Dunlop or Bridgestone.





If I want "sticky" I run Avon, If I want miles I run the Metzler ME880.





I'll get almost 9,000 on a 150/70 16 Metzler ME880

No comments:

Post a Comment