Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I have a 2003 Yamaha R6, do anybody know the best tire to have a good stickey tire not Dunlop please. Thanks?

The tire brand not size just the brand.|||Avon SuperVenom, I did a lot of searching last fall for a street legal tire that would'nt spin like crazy when I dump the clutch on my 116" V-Twin. The Super Venom was it. I don't expect a super long life ,but the traction is killer.P.S. I run Metzlers under most conditions but use the Avon when I really want to "Stick"|||The Michelin Pilot Powers seem to be the darling child of sport riders currently. But Avon has their Vipers, Bridgestone has their Battleax 014/015s, Metzeler has their Sportec, and Pirelli has their Diablo line.





You're going to find a fan of each brand if you ask around enough. there are some subtle differences, but you're not going to notice them unless you're using the tires up on the racetrack. For the street, all of the top-end "sport" tires are overkill. Todays "Sport Touring" tires offer more grip than the "sport" tires of a few years ago, and twice, thrice or more lifespan at lower purchase prices.|||My sport bike friends are all running Metzlers! I personally like the Dunlops the best|||I agree with that first dude, its true. All of the major brands are offering excellent grip - usually those tires offer more traction than most rider's skill levels will allow them to test anyways.......





anyways dunlops are great for the money......





if budget's not important then i like the pirelli's.|||avon venoms or metzler's. their a sticky tire, but they'll also wear out sooner than a 'stiffer' tire like dunlops. even the stickiest tire wont help u if u hit a rock leaning over in a turn. instant downage.|||check out conti road attacks|||I was down in the pits at Daytona during Biketoberfest and noticed almost all the riders were running Pirelli. Good enough to drag your knee coming into turn 1 at 130mph; good enough for me.|||I prefer Michelin Pilots.


Why don't you like dunlops? My R1 came with dunlop sportmax. good wearing and still trustworthy scraping the foot pegs.|||i run the pirelli corsa and the super corsa when i have the money they have alot of grip but you will go through them quick try the dragon if your not draging your knee if you are at least run the corsa you will not out lean the tire's just your ability the super is a really soft compound for the track try to get some take offs from a racer at the track they will look rough but you will pay less than half for them and as a street tire they can handle anywhere you put them exept sand or gravel

No comments:

Post a Comment