Friday, November 18, 2011

Dunlop Crybaby wah pedal mod. question?

I want to try and put a spring in under the toe end of the pedal, so that it will push back to low ends if my foot is off. Any suggestions on how I should go about doing this?|||I strongly suggest that you don't do it at all.





My reason is this: in order to turn a CryBaby off, you lean forward on it and it goes into bypass. If you attempt to put a spring in it, this will become much harder to do. The chances are that you will spend most of your time sounding like you are playing with a blanket over your amp.





As it is right now, the CryBaby is an almost perfect pedal - it will stay where you leave it, and if you turn it off it stays off. You want to modify it so that it will spend most of its time stuck in an extreme position. You could get the same tone by just rolling back the tone control on your guitar. I suggest you do that instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment